Just random thoughts and fun by two guys, one in France and the other in Tejas!

Sunday, January 09, 2005

What if

Marvel released 6 one shots under the old What if concept. I bought the hype, I couldn't wait. I read frantically when I got the books and was inevitably disapointed. The only good story is the FF what if written by Karl Kesel (the art by Paul Smith is always a wonderful surprise), Peter David provided a good Hulk What if, and Ed Brubaker gave a nice even if incoherent twist to Spidey . The Brian Bendis stories have proven that he has officially jumped the shark as he is not even able to respect his own continuity in DD and Avengers. And frankly does he own the rights to Luke Cage ? So why does he keep on having him on every effing book he writes these days ?
And the Claremont story, well let's just forget it as it was simply inane.

Read The Fourth Rail critics, they are not as harsh but I agree almost completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home