Just random thoughts and fun by two guys, one in France and the other in Tejas!

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Changing its mind - random critiques

  • Well, Dave Lapham is writing an interesting Batman in Detective Comics. I finally read Det 801 and 802 and this darker approach is quite worth reading. So I may not be reading THIS title on autopilot after all.
  • Hell, Mark Waid has made me buy a Legion book, something I had never even considered.
  • I have always liked Greg Land since his first Nightwing mini series 8 years ago. Phoenix endsong looks great but maybe too polished or too computerized. Yet the story is quite promising.
  • Much more disapointing is the follow-up of the Sins Past story in Spectacular Spider-Man. Nice art but the plot is weak and sometimes almost stupid... This story and the whole What if mess makes me wonder if the editors still have a real function at Marvel as it is clear that continuity is no longer important but also logic sometimes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home