Just random thoughts and fun by two guys, one in France and the other in Tejas!

Monday, January 31, 2005

Waid vs Johns

Well I have now read almost 20 issues of Geoff Johns run on The Flash. And I have also read most of Mark Waid's run on the same title. Honestly I thought that nobody could top what Waid had done. But Johns has proven that he is quite a writer because instead of following Waid's approach he switched the focus.
Waid was all about Wally West and all the speedsters in the past and future. Waid has built a timeline starting in the early 1900's and finishing sometimes in the 27th century. That was one of his main assets on the book.
Johns lives in the now. He focuses on the supporting cast, the Rogues, and doesn't seem to care about the future. He has clearly blurred a few lines written by Waid about the possible Flash future and now the book is in 'everything is possible' mode.

I have difficulties in finding which one is my favorite writer but for comic fans both create a massive dose of fun and entertainment. Currently I read Johns' Flash in trade but I find it harder and harder not to jump into the monthly format bandwagon again.

Flash editions are available widely on Amazon and they are well worth reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home