Just random thoughts and fun by two guys, one in France and the other in Tejas!

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Random thoughts on recent readings

JLA Classified 1-3 : It's better in one sitting. I like Morrison's JLA, because it has a Silver Age style (or a Classic JLA style) with the big menace and the epic format and yet some touches of weirdness in the dialogues (there is a pricelles exchange between Wonder Woman and Aquaman in issue 3).
WE3 #3: I didn't know what to expect from this mini. Morrison has written a powerful and quite strange story. Issue 3 was quite powerful and the final of the 3 cyber-enhanced animals is quite touching. It's quite corny but it made me feel like hugging my cat. And I did. Yeah it's corny.
Powers ? 8 ? (latest one..) : Bendis is back at writing a terrific cop story. I had missed that and the book did too IMO.
Nightwing 101-102 : why did Chuck Dixon ever left this book (I know the answer but...). It feels good to read him again. And even if I like Devin Grayson's writing, she will never top Dixon on this book. The art by Scott Mc Daniel is quite a nice touch too. Bring back this team on this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home