Just random thoughts and fun by two guys, one in France and the other in Tejas!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

And now for something completely different

In which I finally start to write something new...

Yesterday I read Astonishing Xmen 10 and Batman Dark Detective 2.

Although I still enjoy Whedon& Cassaday's Xmen I must say that so far the first 6 issues were stronger (their old stuff was better ;) ). The story remains well told but the pace is slower and I really don't buy the apparent death of the team. The art is still just incredibly beautiful.

Dark Detective is comic books as I like them. Integrated into continuity without relying on it too much, noding here and there to old stories and events and yet the book is readable by almost anyone. And the art is such a joy. Marshall Rogers remind us why he was a great Batman artist and why he IS still a great artist. He seems to be channelling Sprang's Batman in the Batcave scene and I really liked the way his art (and the lettering) changed for that sequence. The dialogues are a bit cheesy at times but nothing like Star Wars Episode 3 fortunately.

It feels good to read such good comics.... And to blog too, I really need more time to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home